ITProFiles is an opportunity for you to connect with fellow members. Meet Robert:
What was the last ITProTV course you watched?
How has ITProTV helped you in your career?
- It brought up to speed on IT technology in 2012 after a four year hiatus. Additionally I have attained Comptia A+, Network+, Server+, and IT Fundamentals certifications while using ITPro.TV services. Thank you!
Tell us about your career/what you do.
- I served in the US Navy until 1990. Then I worked as a civilian Computer Specialist for the US Army, in the medical IT support field. I also led an Army team in putting together a classified computer network to support CENTCOM in Qatar (2002-2003) as well as designing web-based training courses for soldiers stationed overseas (2003-2012). Now I am retired but continue to learn about new computer technologies and advise students and peers where I can.
One of ITProTV’s values is facing challenges with optimism. How did you face challenges with optimism? (tell us a crazy “on the job” story)!
- Recently I was approached by a 501-3C organization, asking if I could donate computers to support low-income students in their after school work. Being cash poor, I was lucky to find a used computer organization that was willing to turn over several non-working computers that I used for parts. I was able to assemble 4 working desktops from the working parts, used Linux Mint as the operating system, and put together home made training manuals for the students to read and learn from. Optimism was the key to my success.
What’s your dream computer setup?
- quad-core CPU 64GB ram multiple NICs NAS with RAID 5 ability to support minimum 5 VMs
Who is your favorite Edutainer?
- Don Pezet (what an inspiration)
About ITProFiles: ITProFiles was created to recognize the wonderful people that work behind the scenes, and may go unnoticed to some. We’re here to say: ITProTV notices you!